12.06.2011

Challenges

When I first started in SL, I wanted to learn how to edit prims.  I thought that a good way to do this would be to learn how to make jewelry.  What better practice on editing prims than working with nano ones.  Off I went to become a Master Jeweler.  Creativity is buried in me somewhere but I need to be inspired.

I acquired alot of knowledge from my class.  I tried for awhile to run a shop but things changed too fast for me.  Sculpties became the way to go and I did not have the time (or patience) to learn how to work with them.  There are way too many terrifically creative designers out there for me to compete.  However, learning to work with textures peaked my curiosity.  In jewelry class, we used GIMP to make ours.  It's a great program because it's free and the learning curve isn't too bad.

I wanted more so I started working with Photoshop.  There are so many tutorials online and so many books available.  I even joined NAPP (National Association of Photoshop Professionals).  Of course, I'm not a professional in any stretch of the imagination, but it's a great source of tutorials, materials, discounts, etc.

I like making textures but without my jewelry outlet, I needed another way to use Photoshop.  Photos!!  Novel idea on my part.  I am, by no means, a photographer in real life but what a great option in SL.  So, bare with me as I tread into this new territory.  I have even taken some classes with Pixel Icon to add to my skill set.  Check them out!

Here is a photo I snapped today at a beautiful shopping area, Reale Isle.  No real editing on this one, just the graphics settings adjusted. Great skirt and blouse from Amarelo Manga; bag from The Secret Store.  <3

No comments:

Post a Comment